Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Refrigerator Hash

This recipe is all about using ingredients you already have in the fridge. My wife and kids were out of town for the weekend. Typically, when I have the house to myself for the weekend, I go to the kitchen and create. This weekend was no different! It was morning and I was thinking about a diner style hash or scramble. I found what I was looking for in the fridge, and I was on my way!


The Recipe:

Refrigerator Hash
Refrigerator Hash

The Tools:

  • Whisk
  • Heavy bottom skillet
  • Medium Sized Bowl

The Ingredients:

  • Frozen Fries
  • 4 Eggs - Scrambled
  • Milk
  • Shredded Cheese - Cheddar or Monterrey Jack
  • Butter
  • Leftover Meat
  • Olive Oil

The Method:

First, some frozen fries, a handful is good, go into the hot skillet with a some olive oil. Let them cook until brown on all sides. Remove and set aside.

I had leftover over BBQ pork in the fridge. I chopped up some pork, maybe a cup, and threw it in the skillet. Remember, the pork was already cooked, so I just wanted to get it warmed up. After a few minutes, it was ready to remove and set aside. 

Now for the eggs. In a medium sized bowl, whisk the for eggs together. Add in a splash of milk and a half cup of shredded cheese. Whisk to combine. Add a few tablespoons of butter to the hot skillet. Once the butter melts, add the egg mixture. As the eggs begin to cook, add in the fries and pork, and sprinkle in some more cheese. Season with salt and pepper. When the eggs are done, you're ready to enjoy breakfast!

To mix it up a little, top everything some pico de gallo, chopped green onions, or BBQ sauce!


Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AdSense

Kitchen Knives are a Cook's Best Friend

When it comes to cooking, kitchen knives are a cook's best friend. They're an extension of the cook's body.  Knives But with so ...