Saturday, August 10, 2019

Radicchio, Pear, and Blue Cheese Salad

Radicchio Pear Blue Cheese Salad
Radicchio, Pear, and Blue Cheese Salad
This inspiration for this recipe comes from two different places. First, when I was in college, I used to make a Radicchio and Endive salad. I can't find endive at HEB no matter how hard I look, so i don't make that one anymore. The second is from Thanksgiving when I was about 16 years old. My cousin
brought a blue cheese stuffed pear salad, and I have been obsessed with that flavor combination since. So, I put the two together.

The Recipe:

The Tools:

  • Sharp knife
  • Large Bowl

The Ingredients:

  • 1 Head of Radicchio - Chopped
  • 2 Pears - Sliced or Chopped
  • Blue Cheese Crumbles
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Green Onions - Chopped
  • Olive Oil
  • White Balsamic Vinegar

The Method:

Steak with Blue Cheese Crumbles
Steak with Blue Cheese Crumbles
First, chop all of the veggies. For the radicchio, I like to cut it into fourths and cut out the white center part. For the pears, I stand the pear up and cut all for sides off around the middle. This is the best way I have found to get the core out of the pear. From there, cut the fourths into slices. For the green onions, I usually cut off just a little bit of the end. Chop the green onions until you use just a little bit of the white part. 

With all of the veggies chopped, combine in a bowl and add the blue cheese. I didn't measure it, but I like blue cheese, so I used a lot. I'll let you decide how much. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle the oil and vinegar on top. 

I paired this with a perfectly grilled steak with blue cheese crumbles on top. 

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AdSense

Kitchen Knives are a Cook's Best Friend

When it comes to cooking, kitchen knives are a cook's best friend. They're an extension of the cook's body.  Knives But with so ...